FORT CAMPBELL EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE FOR SPOUSES
1. Private Sector Employment Assistance: The following resources/programs, located at Lee Soldier & Family Support Center, 5661 Screaming Eagle Boulevard , are available to assist spouses in seeking private sector employment:
a. Family Member Employment Assistance Program (FMEAP), 798-4289 offers:
(1) Training workshops – job search skills and other related topics
(2) Information on education & volunteer opportunities
(3) Individual career and job search assistance
(4) Support services - Access to local job announcements, reference material, use of automated resources to prepare resumes, referrals to various agencies for assistance.
(5) Outreach to private sector employers
b. Fort Campbell Career Center provides employment and training assistance to spouses who left their place of employment as a result of family relocation due to military assignment:
(1) Assistance in finding employment
(2) Free training
(3) Tuition for approved courses, books, etc.
(4) Support for daycare and mileage expenses
(5) Case Management Specialists
(6) Assessment tools
(7) State-of-the art Resource Center
2. Federal Employment Assistance: The following are programs/resources to assist spouses who are eligible for federal employment:
a. Ft. Campbell Federal Job Information, 798- 4412/798-3894, located at Lee Soldier & Family Support Center , 5661 Screaming Eagle Blvd. Provides information on federal appropriated fund (AF) positions – GS and Wage Grade, as well as non-appropriated fund (NAF) positions located at Fort Campbell .
b. DOD Priority Placement Program – Military Spouse Preference Program, 956-1087.
c. For medical positions such as Physicians, Pharmacists, RNs, LPNs, Blanchfield Army Community Hospital Job Information, 798-8167.
d. Transition Employment Assistance for MEDCOM (TEAM) – Program for Army Medical Command (MEDCOM) or Army Medical Department (AMEDD) family members. Alerts MEDCOM supervisors of incoming family members who are current civil service employees. Registration through website: https://ncweb.ria.army.mil/team/
3. Helpful websites for employment information: